Names (was: Re: YotG - wee bittie spoilers)

Philip.Belben at pgen.com Philip.Belben at pgen.com
Fri Oct 6 11:24:28 EDT 2000

sodgers at hotnet.net.au on 06/10/2000 14:26:51

Please respond to dwj at suberic.net

To:   dwj at suberic.net
cc:

Subject:  Re: Names (was: Re: YotG - wee bittie spoilers)

Sally, quoting Hallie:

>>  Don't come across all that many Hallies!
>
> Hi, Hallie; I wrote a book called CHAT where the heroine is a "Halley".
> Actually, I used a "Halley" about ten years ago, but the editor changed it
> to "Kate". I like "Kate". It's a good name, but I'd already used it twice
> and I didn't want a third one.

Now that is weird.  I actually know a girl called Katie Halley.

> Does anyone have some good, modern, short, easy-to-say names to suggest?
> I've used all the Mel, Lucy, Zac, Ben, Jake, Marcus, Anna, Jane, Emma type
> names. Different ethnic names are very welcome, so long as they are easy to
> read and say.

Hmm.  Need to think about this.  The only one that springs to mind is Dilip.

(ISTR the Dilip I knew assumed, against all the evidence, that my name was spelt
Phillip.  Considering that our names rhyme, all our mutual friends thought that
was singularly silly of him...)

Philip.

Disclaimer notice:
prohibited.