Names (was: Re: YotG - wee bittie spoilers)

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 6 06:38:35 EDT 2000

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> Have any of you encountered your own name in a book, as at least a
> moderately important character?

Well, there was this one book called "The Acts of the Apostles"... ;)

But seriously, I consider it significant if I encounter a character
called Paul, because it's a reasonably common name.

> I'm sure it happens all the time, but I'm curious because I've never
> met a single nice Melissa in fiction.

There was a (British) TV series a few years back called "Melissa",
starring Jennifer Ehle. That Melissa was nice.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."