Names

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Fri Oct 6 05:38:28 EDT 2000

Melissa asked:
 Have any of you encountered your own name in a book, as at least a
moderately important character?

A couple- but then Jennifer/Jenny is commoner then Melissa or Kyla. One that
amused me was from an internet book/video shop (WHSmith Online), where they
have "Jenny the virtual librarian", who saves your interests and emails you
when they come in. Why they see the need to have a "person" fronting their
search-save facility, when none of the other shops I've come across do, is
another question.
It can be odd when it happens, a sort of jolt out of the flow of the book
like hearing someone call your name and mean someone else.
Jennifer