YotG - wee bittie spoilers

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Oct 3 10:47:12 EDT 2000

A Very Weird Thing about YoTG: Yesterday, when Mom was reading the
beginning [Becca here], she laughed out loud and read me the part where
Elda says she used to be the eldest until Florence and Angelo came along.
Okay. Around June I started writing a story (that I never finished) about a
girl who met some strange people round the back of her school. Their names
were (wait for it!) Florence and Angelo. When Mom read that to me I was a
bit annoyed, because I thought *I* made up those names. <sniff> I thought
they were *good* names!

Oh well. What can you do. To have YOUR OWN SPECIAL NAMES stolen from your
head by DWJ is a bit of an honour, even if they were your own SPECIAL
names.

I must go sulk in the corner.

(I could, of course, tell myself that the story was stupid anyway and it
wasn't even 19 pages and I can always think up other, better names; but why
ruin a perfectly good sulk?)
Sigh!
Becca