favourite books other than dwj, and ramblings.

Anna Skarzynska theania at freeuk.com
Tue Nov 28 13:28:33 EST 2000

Did anyone notice that the wonderful Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea
has been reprinted? Has anyone read it? (If not, do!). I shall be getting a
replacement copy as soon as finances allow. It seems that pottermania is
causing lots of stuff to be reissued, hurrah!
When I was growing up in Poland I read a book by Ottfried Preussler called
"Krabat". I was delighted years later to find an English translation, "The
Satanic Mill". I expect the German contingent will recognise that one.
Another splendid read, do get hold of it if poss!
And incidentally, any ex- Soviet block citizens on the list, do you remember
the interminable Polish war serial, "Four Tankmen and a Dog"? Apparently it
ran all over the Eastern block, even in E. Germany(!). As evidently did
"Captain Kloss", about a Polish double agent in the German Abwehr... all
standard fare for us good little communists. They have attained cult status
in Poland, I'm told, and can all be bought on video!
More ramblings soon,
Ania