Names

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Fri Nov 24 00:29:39 EST 2000

>> There are actually real Australians who call their daughters Tegan?
>> Wow. :)

Yes indeed! It's reasonably popular, though some people insist it ought to
be Megan. It's listed in various name books as Celtic, Welsh or Irish, with
meanings "beautiful", "the doe", "Arthurian maid famed for her chastity".
Many of the bearers are known as "Tig" or "Tiggy" or "Teegs" here.

The element teg is some kind of Fairy, I think - Telwyth Teg (sp?). I used
the name Tegwen as a character name in a book... not sure if it is a name or
if I made it up.

Sallyo.