Bed-time musings on character in DWJ

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Sat Nov 18 12:37:43 EST 2000

Robyn, quoting me:

>>Well, Sophie actually asks him did he jilt the Witch of the Waste?  And he
>>replies that he wouldn't put it that way, but he once thought he was fond of
>>her, iirc.  The implication, as I've always understood it, being that he did.
>
> See now, is this a guy thing or a Howl thing? It is clear he slithered out,
> but at just what point did that happen?

Well, in the formal sense of "breach of promise of marriage", probably not.  But
I think he would have denied it a lot more strongly if he hadn't deliberately
led the Witch to believe he was genuinely committed.

But... What on earth do you mean by "a guy thing or a Howl thing"?

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970