OT Invasion; Earth

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Wed Nov 15 23:34:48 EST 2000

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:27:29 -0000, otheng wrote:

>> It's an American show, but it's filmed in Australia so a lot of the
>> parts are taken by Australian actors.
>
>That makes sense - but why is it filmed in Oz? It's not as if there are
>external scenes.<g>

Oz is developing quite a budding film industry.  I think it started with
Hercules (the TV series) and then Xena.  Now, you get a lot of stuff filmed
there.  I think the unions are cheaper, you have a wide range of available
topography largely unspoiled and now you have a lot of the technical
expertise.  If I were a budding actor/extra, I'd definitely be considering a
move down under.

Jacob