DWJ mention. Snickers

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Wed Nov 15 09:08:46 EST 2000

Lizzie wrote

>and then a voice over would start: not going anywhere for a
>while?  Grab a snickers."  Some of them were funny; I can't remember
any
>off the top of my head.  I don't know if those commercials aired
outside
>the US.

 "Wenn's mal wieder länger dauert, schnapp' Dir'n Snickers!"
They're being aired in Germany right now! And I wasn't even sure id they
were dubbed. True enough, American Football, Basektball and  Ice Hockey
aren't that popular here, but it could have been done to make the viewer
associate Snickers with America, which equals "cool".

Bettina
Raider heißt jetzt Twix, sonst ändert sich nix!
Raider's now called Twix, but nothing else changes.

('nother commercial)
So. Was Sinckers called "Marathon" once?