Buffy, Angel (was RE: OT Invasion; Earth)

otheng otheng at kinghenry8.coventry.sch.uk
Wed Nov 15 08:43:32 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Kyla Tornheim <kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu>
Subject: Re: Buffy, Angel (was RE: OT Invasion; Earth)

> I'm surprised that Buffy and Angel have had such problems being on
> television there--here, they're on the WB channel, and they're probably
> two of its highest-rated (well, except for the angsty Dawson's Creek) and
> critically acclaimed shows. I doubt they'll ever cancel them; Buffy will
> probably only end when Joss Whedon decides it's time.

I hoipe so. Channel 4 and BBC both seem to have problems "placing" the
series, and they have even shown them out of order and, on occasions, just
not shown them for two or three weeks at a time. It's most annoying. S-F and
fantasy yend to be in teh "ghetto" times against the early evening news
shows, which they seem to assume all grown-ups will be watching!

Gill