Bed-time musings on character in DWJ (F&H)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Nov 15 04:54:13 EST 2000

Nat wrote:

>To me, Reg inherited the amorality of Faerie... not doing the right
>thing, but what you feel like. What was Granny's curt phrase... "I
>don't do it to be thanked."

Ugh.  I don't think I can buy Reg's inheriting this.  His father was
_taken_ by Laurel, but there's no culpability in that.

>And the sort of home he moved into feels like a pale imitation of
>faerie: the shiny bathroom, the tinkly music.

Oh, what a great point!  It never occurred to me, but now you mention
it, Joanna could be viewed as a pale imitation of Laurel, couldn't
she?  Cool (downright icy, come to think of it), beautiful, wants
things just the way she's arranged them to suit her - no untidyness.

Hallie.