Oh No! It's food obsessions again!

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Wed Nov 15 04:57:01 EST 2000

Philip said...
> I've never really been a paper chewer.  Pen tops, yes.  Little bits of
plastic
> insulation stripped from electric wires, definitely (and especially if I
used my
> teeth as wire strippers).
Oh, wow!  I thought I was the only plastic-chewer in the world!  There are
still books in the library in the town where I grew up that have little
quarter-circles of plastic gone from the corners of the protective covers,
because I pulled them off and chewed them!
Dorian.

Aol! I tell myself that it isn't *really* destructive, because I only pull
bits off where there is already a crack, so it really *saves* the cover from
the crack growing any further...
But I find chewing pencils is more satisfing than pens.
Jennifer
Who has a library book on the intellectual context of Victorian literature
in her bag right now with semicircles pulled off the plastic. (Only little
ones.)