Archers Goon

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 21:32:55 EST 2000

> Well, no.  Because I live in Ireland and I'm fairly sure that whichever city
> it is in "Archer's Goon", it isn't Dublin.  Besides, whoever farms transport
> here is obviously temporally unstuck; buses come late, early or not at all.
> There is a temporally unstable black hole at the route 27 terminus, and I
> think the route 42 pops briefly (from its point of view) into Tir na nOg
> along its way, which causes it to be otherwise inexplicably so late that it
> has to just give up and go home to its garage, instead of turning around and
> going back along the route like it's supposed to.  And the common theory
> about the 17A is that it's not a bus route, it's an act of god.
>
> Actually, that must be it.  Public transport in this city is run by a
> committee of at least 20 extremely capricious gods.

That brought a broad grin to my face, Dorian. Does anyone
remember a story called "A Subway Called Moebious" (I've
definitely spelled that wrong). its where an underground rail system
has accidentally formed a m, a moeb, a mo, one of those strips
and trains go missing. Can anyone help with author -- and spelling?
I've definitely caught myself asking Hathaway for a bus now and
then. When I worked in Holland and was homesick I used to wish a
brown and cream number 75 would appear and take me home for
the night. That's a bit like the Night Bus in those popular books by
she who is not as good as DWJ.
                                           Ven.