Oh No! It's food obsessions again!

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Tue Nov 14 16:39:37 EST 2000

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:14:40 -0000, Dorian E. Gray wrote:

>> I've never really been a paper chewer.  Pen tops, yes.  Little bits of
>plastic
>> insulation stripped from electric wires, definitely (and especially if I
>used my
>> teeth as wire strippers).  The edge of a disposable plastic cup (usually
>when
>> I've finished the contents) occasionally.
>
>Oh, wow!  I thought I was the only plastic-chewer in the world!  There are
>still books in the library in the town where I grew up that have little
>quarter-circles of plastic gone from the corners of the protective covers,
>because I pulled them off and chewed them!  Insulation off wires is also
>good, and so are buttons.  I don't like bits of plastic cup so much, though,
>they tend to be too sharp. :-)

I chew plastic, too.  Usually pen tops.  It's easy to bite off the dangly
bit and chew it flat.  I used to be worse, but have been more constrained
lately.  Paper is still open season.  Paper is nice because you don't have
to spit it out.  Once it is chewed up enough, you can just swallow it.  I've
also become something of a loose thread disposal when we cross-stitch.

Jacob Proffitt