Oh No! It's food obsessions again!

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Nov 14 16:14:40 EST 2000

Philip said...

> I've never really been a paper chewer.  Pen tops, yes.  Little bits of
plastic
> insulation stripped from electric wires, definitely (and especially if I
used my
> teeth as wire strippers).  The edge of a disposable plastic cup (usually
when
> I've finished the contents) occasionally.

Oh, wow!  I thought I was the only plastic-chewer in the world!  There are
still books in the library in the town where I grew up that have little
quarter-circles of plastic gone from the corners of the protective covers,
because I pulled them off and chewed them!  Insulation off wires is also
good, and so are buttons.  I don't like bits of plastic cup so much, though,
they tend to be too sharp. :-)

> > be placed in an odd situation where they obviously couldn't get away for
> > while, and then a voice over would start: not going anywhere for a
> > while?  Grab a snickers."  Some of them were funny; I can't remember any
> > off the top of my head.  I don't know if those commercials aired outside
> > the US.
>
> :-)  Not having a TV (it was TV commercials you meant, wasn't it?) I
cannot
> claim to be well up on such things, but I doubt that they'd use the same
> advertisements over here (UK) that they use in the US.  Elsewhere
> they might...

Actually, I've seen them - and quite recently - on British TV channels.
Also on bus stops.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

No, I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere.