OT Invasion; Earth

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Tue Nov 14 08:36:17 EST 2000

Has anyone else watched the mini series Invasion: Earth? We missed most of
the first episode (the channel sneaked it on at 11 p.m. on a Monday without
properly pre-advertising it) but have now more or less caught up. We've just
watched Episode 4. It and Ep 3 were aired 45 minutes later than the
advertised times. I wait to see what they'll do with Ep 5! An hour late,
maybe? And will Ep 6 (final) be missed completely?

What has television got against Brit sci-fi? Any sci fi, for that matter?
The only sci-fi programmes allowed to air undisturbed are Star Trek and its
spins-off... oh, and Star Gate gets a reasonable run... mutter mutter - just
as well.

Set against that - Buffy and Angel are both taken off, put on, repeated and
advertised mistakenly, Nowhere Man started at 7.30 pm Saturday, was taken
off and sneaked back on three weeks later at 11 p.m. on a different night,
Forever Knight was on at 2 a.m. (I think) and vanished quite often and
finally, permanently. I think Ultra Violet managed an unbroken run... maybe
because it was the ABC!

To get this back on topic, if Archer's Goon ever shows again and if we get
fair warning, I'll try to get a complete tape of it. Might manage it, so
long as no-one ever realises it's (shhh!) Brit sci-fi!

Sallyo