Archer's Goon

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Nov 13 14:11:04 EST 2000

Kylie asked...

> Have other people found when they need urgently need to get somewhere by
> public transport and there is none in sight they find themselves muttering
> "Hathaway send a bus!  Hathaway send a bus!"

Well, no.  Because I live in Ireland and I'm fairly sure that whichever city
it is in "Archer's Goon", it isn't Dublin.  Besides, whoever farms transport
here is obviously temporally unstuck; buses come late, early or not at all.
There is a temporally unstable black hole at the route 27 terminus, and I
think the route 42 pops briefly (from its point of view) into Tir na nOg
along its way, which causes it to be otherwise inexplicably so late that it
has to just give up and go home to its garage, instead of turning around and
going back along the route like it's supposed to.  And the common theory
about the 17A is that it's not a bus route, it's an act of god.

Actually, that must be it.  Public transport in this city is run by a
committee of at least 20 extremely capricious gods.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian. (who calls buses the way most people call dogs:  "Here, bus!  Good
bus, here bus!")
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

No, I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere.