Dogs/ The Starlight Barking

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Mon Nov 13 05:04:36 EST 2000

Apropos of, well Sirius, I guess, and also sequels--has anyone read "The
Starlight Barking" by Dodie Smith? I first read it as a child and was a
bit startled by it as a sequel to the "101 Dalmatians", but I seem to
remember when I first read "Dogsbody" it reminded me a tiny bit of the
earlier book.
Maria

I read The Starlight Barking straight after 101, and it *was* odd- a lot of
fun- I loved the Minister of Transport, and the personalities of the
puppies. But after a "realistic" book (well, as realistic as one with
intelligent dogs could be ;) ) having aliens appear was strange.
I think the idea of aliens coming to earth and not being the slightest bit
interested in *us* is excellent, though.
Jennifer