dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #242

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 11 06:02:34 EST 2000

I keep getting the feeling I'm missing posts that somehow don't make it into
the digest. Hrmph.

The Archer's Goon tape that was meant for us three Israelis also
mysteriously dissappeared on the way... do you think there is someone out
there farming vidoetapes?

In Israel we play a version of "Simon Says", except it's called "Herzel
Said". A Zionist joke.

Janice and Pavi - of course we remember you, glad you're still around! Did
you ever get more DWJ books on tape through this list?
Judging from pictures, Diana Wynne Jones has a very round face, with high
round cheeks like a pair of apples, that make her eyes look very twinkly. A
little hamsterish, actually, but in a good way. My favourite picture of her
is one in which she's about six that's up on the DWJ website: she looks
wildly happy in this picture. She also looks a bit like the little girl who
played Lucy in the Wonderworks t.v. series based on the Narnia books, whom I
used to think had unfortunate buck teeth, but she grew on me with time, and
now I really like her. And I like that DWJ looks like Lucy.

Gili