Dogs

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Nov 11 04:35:31 EST 2000

Mary Ann:

>>Anyway, we named her Belvane (yes,it's from a book), but call
>>  her Bell....
>
>I very seldom hear a reference to A. A. Milne's Once Upon a Time-- those
>of you who haven't read it, I think you'd enjoy it very much!
>
>Hallie, does she fling largesse?

:)  That really made me laugh, because she has a squeaky toy, and one
time I was watching her play with it.  She picked it up in her mouth,
and shook her head so that it went flying across the room, and I
immediately thought that she looked exactly like the Countess
flinging largesse!

When we got her, she was a little undernourished, and her coat was
not in great shape.  She looked quite elegant from the front, but had
big poofs of fur sticking out around her hind legs.  From the back,
she looked very much as if she were wearing pannier-skirts and
pantaloons!  Very Countess like.  But her hair fell out literally in
clumps, and the poofs are all gone.  She looks much better now.

Hallie.