Dogs

Janice Oliveira jeo13 at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 10 09:20:48 EST 2000

Hi Hallie and everyone,
	Don't know if anyone remembers me <grin>, but I've been lurking on the
list...
	I loved reading about Bell and just had to write in.  Pav (Pavarotti--my
guide dog, a labrador) will eat *anything*.  He gets fruits and veggies and
yogurt all the time, and occasionally other things like eggs and tuna.  One
thing though...PLEASE don't feed Bell onions.  Onions are toxic to
dogs--they interfere with blood clotting.  A friend of my family had to
bring her rottweiler girl to the vet after the dog ate a plate of stuffing
that had onions in it.  After unwillingly consuming much charcoal (to
absorb the toxins I guess) and much stress, the poor girl was all right.
Glad Bell isn't a fan of onions!
	As for Dogsbody, that may be my favorite DWJ book, although it's
impossible to decide!  I think whichever one I last read tends to be my
favorite.  <grin>I so wish there would be a sequel to that book but
considering how long ago it was I guess that's not likely.  I did notice it
had an opening for an interesting sequel at the end--I think Kathleen says
something about how Sirius will always need her, and Miss Smith says (I
wish I had the book here to refer to) something about there always being a
possibility if there's need enough.  Then there's the follow-up of Sirius's
sphere and his refusal to get another companion because he hopes what Miss
Smith says might be true.  I hope I got that all fairly accurately.
	Well, bye for now...

Janice and Pavi