Dalemark Still II

Tanaqui tweaver at imbolc.ucc.ie
Mon Nov 6 22:32:56 EST 2000

Ven:

+ Secondly Old Ammet. I've always found him a bit of a puzzle -- is
+ his sphere land or sea?

Sea. There's a link to land, with waving wheat looking like sea and coming
under his influence on occasion (the stale bread, the Gift to the Sea of the
wheat-figure), but the land seems mostly to fall within Libby Beer's remit.
She's fertility and solidity... and he's undulating stuff. I know he raises
islands, but not major continents ;-)

I don't know that the characters of Tanamil and Robin fit at all well with
Libby Beer and Alhammitt. You'd also expect it to be mentioned in the shrine
- names are crucial, so why isn't Tanamil there with YNYNEN? Possibly, it's
a name eroded by time.

I keep willing Mitt to call Libby Beer's name before his mind's eye. I have
such a suspicion that it's along "Hildrida" lines.

Tanaqui