YOG -- wee kitty spoilers

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Nov 3 13:55:22 EST 2000

Melissa said...

> Our two cats hate each other too.  It's sad and strange because when they
> were little they would curl up together and groom each other and
> everything.

Oh, I know what Shia's problem is.  Sheer, unadulterated jealousy.  We
didn't get all of our cats at once.  Vanyel was the first, and the only
planned one.  A couple of years later, some of the local kids turned up on
the doorstep with a kitten, saying "please take her in or she's going to be
drowned!".  Enter Shia.  The same kids reappeared a year or two later with
another *two* kittens, these ones not even weaned yet, so of course we took
those in.  One of them moved out with one of our housemates, and Gandalf was
the other.  Vanyel, who is the most placid, laid-back cat I've ever known,
takes the arrival of stray kittens in his home in his stride (if they annoy
him, he holds them down and washes them, which is *soooo* cute!), but Shia
is jealous.  And we're about to adopt another kitty!  (Which probably isn't
helping her mood.)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

No, I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere.