YOG -- wee kitty spoilers

Fri Nov 3 02:35:44 EST 2000

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000 20:30:42 -0000, Dorian E. Gray wrote:

>Gandalf is two years old and still thinks she's a kitten, so chases bits of
>paper and figments of her imagination all around the house.  She also loves
>dice...imagine the scene, six of us sitting round the sitting room playing a
>role-playing game.  Some incautious person leaves their dice on the floor.
>A small grey-and-fawn-and-white cat comes rushing up, grabs a die, chases it
>(noisily on the wood floor) briefly, then picks it up and carries it away
>before we can get it off her.  We still don't know where she hides them in
>this house, but when we were leaving the last house and moved the freezer,
>we found two dozen dice under it!

Our cat Velvet plays fetch with stuff--specifically lightweight ring-shaped
objects like hair elastics, or the plastic rings that come on gallon jugs of
milk in the US.  She likes to believe she is a Fierce Huntress pouncing on
stuff, and I guess she just figured out early on that the game lasted a lot
longer if she brought her toys back to be flung again and again.

Our two cats hate each other too.  It's sad and strange because when they
were little they would curl up together and groom each other and everything.
Cymby (our other cat) is terrified of children--something we didn't know
until we started having them--and I think she's just paranoid all the time.
I wish I could find a new home for her.  She needs a better environment, I
think.  It's not even that our kids torment her, but she was a stray and
probably picked up her aversion when she was very tiny.  Poor thing.

Melissa Proffitt