Howl's magic

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Tue May 30 11:54:23 EDT 2000

Hey, I'm getting vague. I know I intended to ask on the list if Howl really did any magic but can;t remember if I did.

So - Howell Jenkins - how did he find his way to Ingary?
Did he have magic talent or not? When Sophie comes into our world, she assumes the car and computer are magic; are there equally "normal" explanations for the things Howl does in Ingary?

I can't make up my mind. The pepper spell to give the Count an equal chance in his duel is a natural substance, and the mending sleeve could (I suppose) be Velcro or something...  However, the 7 league boots seem to be "real" magic.

Suggestions?

Sallyo.