Order of Reading Chrestomanci

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Fri May 26 16:53:49 EDT 2000

On Thu, 25 May 2000 liril at gmx.net wrote:

> I read the books the other way round:
> Charmed Lives when I was a kid, and now, about fifteen years later, The Lives
> of Christopher Chant.

Yes, me too: Charmed Life (in Dutch) as a teenager, then in English
as a young adult, and I picked up The Lives of Christopher Chant
about ten years after that.

> The thing that most struck me was that it was incredibly funny when my picture
> of adult Chrestomanci (very aloof, in control, ironic) fell together with the
> boy.

Yes! The funniest thing is that you can see him changing - no, it's
not changing, but reconciling the way he wants to be with the way
he's made, turning teenage arrogance into adult aloofness.

   Irina

irina at valdyas.org (myself) - http://valdyas.conlang.org (Valdyas)
          http://www.valdyas.org/irina/index.html (home)