fire and hemlock

Wholergo at aol.com Wholergo at aol.com
Thu May 25 12:15:12 EDT 2000

Hallie wrote
> One thing I've never been clear on is exactly who Seb's mother was.
I may be way out there, but isn't Laurel in fact Seb's mother?  Isn't this
part of Laurel's being so vicious and strange?  The funeral at the start is
in fact a once-in-eighty-years way for Laurel to stay publicly young and
alive - she "inherits" her estate from herself.  That's why it has been 18
years since Sebastian's "father" has been energized and why he is so
desperate for a sacrifice. (Sorry about names - I read the book on a library
loan - twice in two days! - so I can't check the details.)
Robin Gillespie