Re-posting of URL

Bodil Gram listedwj at bglist.cutisan.dk
Thu May 25 05:11:38 EDT 2000

Kylie has brought to my exam-dazed attention that some of the list members
may not have seen a letter with an URL address to an interview with DWJ. It
was sent while the list had broken down and may have been lost for some in
the rush when our generous list owner spent so much blood, sweat and tears
to restore our daily "drug" to us. (God, how I missed it then...:-)

Here goes the text of the original letter:

Dear DWJ-list members

I pop up briefly from lurkdom to pass on a bit of information you might
like to look into. The British ACHUKA website concentrates on children's
literature, and I just learned that this week they have a feature on DWJ on
this URL:

http://www.achuka.co.uk/guests/dwjsg.htm

The feature contains three parts: a list of books, a short profile where
DWJ has filled out some kind of form, and an interview. Most of the things
in the interview are not too surprising when you have surfed a bit on the
very fine web sites maintained by some of the members of this list and by
our gracious list owner, but there was a nice snippet like this:

       "Last year the book my agent sent got lost, but the publisher
        still agreed to publish it without having seen it - showing
        great faith I told her. This book is called The Year of the
        Griffin and it made me laugh a lot while I wrote it."

Mmmm, makes yer teeth water, eh ?

There were also a few more interesting details about DWJ's work habits and
interaction with publishers, and personally I liked to see she has an
exellent taste in cats, judging from the photo.

Friendly greetings,
Bodil

     *   Mrs. Bodil Gram,  Denmark                       *
     *   www:  http://coco.ihi.ku.dk/~gram/privat.html   *
     *   e-mail:  bodil@    cutisan.dk                   *
     *      (remove all the empty spaces in e-address)   *