Mythical Company Names

alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca
Wed May 24 11:25:22 EDT 2000

My two favourite myth-based company names are "De Vliegende Hollander"
(pardon the spelling), a Dutch air-travel company called, yes, "The Flying
Dutchman" [I saw this one myself], and "Ixion Wheels" [mentioned in a book
of collected C.S.Lewisiana], a bicycle or motorcycle manufacturer named
after the poor fellow condemned, if memory serves, to spend eternity in
Tartarus bound on an ever-revolving wheel.

Alexandra