A very quick post.

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Mon May 22 13:35:26 EDT 2000

I seem to be woefully short of time today.  I've still got to work out my own
feelings about F&H, but thank you all for interesting material.  I particularly
liked Hallie's comment about the irresistable force and the immovable object
being unable to exist in the same system.

Thank you all too for comments about the Lindwurm.  Britta and Collin deserve
special mention, but Bettina and the Grimm Brothers' etymological dictionary -
Wow!

FWIW as far as trees are concerned Linde = a Lime tree or Linden tree, hence my
comment about lime green.

And to bring in a much earlier post, Britta, why don't you learn to use a sword?
It's never too late to start!  (I was about 25 when I started, I think.  I
haven't fenced for a few years now, though...)  There should be plenty of places
you can go for Fencing / Fechten / Escrima / whatever they call it in your part
of the world...

(also FWIW I took up fencing because I inherited a sword.  Since it's a real
sword, not just a sport model, I very seldom use it - but on mone memorable
occasion the coach and I had both brought real swords, so we tried stage fencing
- essentially you choreograph the whole bout so it looks impressive, but no-one
gets hurt, even without helmets and things...)

Philip.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

Nottingham, NG11 0EE, UK