Dragon Reserve, Home Eight

alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca
Sun May 21 22:27:30 EDT 2000

Oh, I agree!  I think the names must be similar--the connection clicked
for me too, right away.  (Wish I had the short story at hand.)  I found
the beginning of that story fantastically creepy--far too much like a
great many nightmares that I had as a child.  (I wonder whether it's
easier to dream up/imagine/suspend disbelief in sudden and improbable
catastrophes for oneself as a child.  I mean, as a relative grown-up I can
imagine things like car accidents, but as a child I kept dreaming about
being executed or eaten by mild-mannered but implacable strangers.)

Alexandra