Happy about Harry Potter

otheng otheng at kinghenry8.coventry.sch.uk
Fri May 19 05:36:46 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Britta Koch <bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de>

>> I have read it already, but I will again - and will be in a very Austen-y
mood after doing so,  because I'm doing a course on "Jane Austen and her
female predecessors" and reading all the other books again, too.<<

Now that's the sort of study I enjoy!

>> It's quite nice, but I won't change to a full literature major - I'll
study when  I'm old enough not to work anymore (can you do that in other
countries? be a sort of "guest student" and listen in on things  without
doing a degree?) and do all that to "those young kids" then that we get from
the "OAP" students now ;)
> like not really discuss things, or treat proverbs as absolute truths...<<

It's not particularly common in England, though it does happen. We do have
all sorts of extra-mural classes and suchlike, though. I intend to do a lot
of those when I finally retire - twenty plus years away!

What is your main subject, then?

Gill