Happy about Harry Potter

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu May 18 11:20:19 EDT 2000

>Britta, if you haven't already done so, you must read Jane Austen's
>"Northanger Abbey" straight afterwards. The heroine reads "Udolpho" during
>the book too - and you'll get all the jokes much more easily!

I have read it already, but I will again - and will be in a very Austen-y mood after doing so,
because I'm doing a course on "Jane Austen and her female predecessors" and reading all the
other books again, too. It's quite nice, but I won't change to a full literature major - I'll study when
I'm old enough not to work anymore (can you do that in other countries? be a sort of "guest student" and listen in on things
without doing a degree?) and do all that to "those young kids" then that we get from the "OAP" students now ;)
like not really discuss things, or treat proverbs as absolute truths...

Britta