Howl's spells.

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Sun May 7 22:37:18 EDT 2000

In HMC, Howl tells Ms Angorian (when he visits her to get the poem back)
that he "has never done a spell". He then says "hand on my heart".

What I can't figure out is, is he lying? Sophie thinks he is. Some of his
"spells" aren't really magic, but the 7 League Boots seem to work and I
can't see how they could be explained away.

Since he's swearing "hand on heart" when he's currently heartless... does
this mean he's not lying or that he's lying twice?

Sallyo - thick, cold-ridden and puzzled.