Archer??? (Awful)

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Sun May 7 10:56:35 EDT 2000

Oh, oddness.  This strikes me as odd largely because in the past year or
so I am beginning to realize just how few female characters in other
people's works I like (I tend to like the female characters I myself
create just fine).  Awful is definitely one of my absolute favorite female
characters ever, however.  The other thing, however, is that when I
recently went home for Passover, I was rereading a few books because of
the conjunction that I had bought them all at the same time and they had
all been mentioned on this list.  One of the books was _The Forgotten
Beasts of Eld_, and, in rereading it, I realized that the protagonist,
Sybel, was another one of those rare female characters who I am
desperately fond of.  So this now means that a reasonably large percentage
of female characters whom I like have, in at least one translation, the
same name.  Hmmm... I do not like Basil's wife on _Fawlty Towers_, but
perhaps I ought to seek out more books with Sybils, Sibylles, Sybels, etc.

						---Kyra