Dressing up (was: Re: not ordinary vs. god-touched)

Sat May 6 01:32:18 EDT 2000

On Sat, 6 May 2000 14:50:54 +1000, Sally Odgers wrote:

>>they said that there was a difference between "a person acting
>>heroically" and "a hero".
>
>Hey - there's a connection here with children's Book of the Year parades.
>Kids can almost never dress up as characters from modern children's books,
>because they'd look too ordinary!
>
>Who in DWJ's books would you dress up as, if you had to do one?
>
>I rather fancy Torquil -

He's just so dramatically gorgeous, isn't he!

I think it would be fun to be a demon hunter a la _Homeward Bounders_...or
possibly Helen of the same book.  No, I take that back.  I can't stand
having my hair in my face constantly.

It would be most challenging and fun to be Sophie-as-old-woman, with the
young woman peeking through the disguise...

Melissa Proffitt