Sorcery and Cecelia (was: Re: Covers et al)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri May 5 17:32:05 EDT 2000

This time I asked:

>> What is it about this book which has caused such crazy prices?

and Ros replied:

>I don't know! I guess it's simply become a kind of cult classic because of
>its recommendation by so many people, coupled with its unavailibility,
>perhaps!

Obviously you would have heard of Sorcery and Cecelia from other places.  I
only heard of it from this list, and then from AlexLit (which I also had
heard of from this list).  Although we know that DWJ fanatics are _far_
more important than our numbers might warrant, I'm not sure that we're
bound to influence dealer book prices!  (Even Fire and Hemlock isn't
available only at such high prices as S&C.)  I just wish that being a cult
classic (or being loved by list members) would ensure that a book would be
kept in-print.

Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie