Covers et al (was: Re: Guardian review)

gross argross at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 5 09:16:23 EDT 2000

I asked:

> -but
> >I have to ask! Where did you get a copy of _Sorcery and Cecilia_?? It's
out
> >of print; I haven't yet found a library that has a copy (I live in
> >Australia, by the way); and the rare copies around are in a price range I
> >can't afford. Does anyone know where I can beg, borrow or steal one?

Hallie replied:

> Well, you can borrow my copy from Kylie, if you'd like.  It's in Australia
> at the moment, so I'm happy for it to do the rounds there for a while!

That's a great idea, and very generous of you. I'll contact you offlist
about it.

> What is it about this book which has caused such crazy prices?

I don't know! I guess it's simply become a kind of cult classic because of
its recommendation by so many people, coupled with its unavailibility,
perhaps!

> Welcome to the list, Roslyn!

Thanks! I will introduce myself properly soon (as soon as I get a minute!)

Roslyn (Ros)