Introduction

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Thu May 4 22:59:03 EDT 2000

On Fri, 5 May 2000 10:37:34 +0800 (WST), Paul Andinach wrote:

>Nothing wrong with 'identical' boy-girl twins. *Shakespeare* used
>identical boy-girl twins.
>(Anyway, are they actually impossible, or just horrendously unlikely?)

Well, to have that happen, the egg would have to split leaving one egg XX
and the other one XY.  Yeah, I'd call that impossible.  Now, you could have
twins that *looked* identical but were boy-girl, but they wouldn't actually
be identical as in having the same DNA.  They'd be more coincidental twins.

Jacob