Archer???

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Thu May 4 10:36:36 EDT 2000

On Thu, 4 May 2000 liril at gmx.net wrote:

> > (though Sirene seems odd, unless it carries that suggestion of
> > screaming that I think it does).
>
> It does. Howard even explains the name at some point, he says something like
> she got the name because she has the habit of screaming terribly if she can't
> get what she wants.
> By the way, Sarah asked what her real name in the translation was. I don't
> remember, but I will check on the weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was "Irene" - a perfectly normal name
in German (and Dutch) and close enough that a screaming Irene might
be nicknamed Sirene. My best friend in kindergarten was like that (I
was using my other name at the time, and no, I didn't call myself
after her; but her parents *did* call her Sirene at times).

   Irina

irina at valdyas.org (myself) - http://valdyas.conlang.org (Valdyas)
          http://www.valdyas.org/irina/index.html (home)