Covers et al (was: Re: Guardian review)

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed May 3 18:01:25 EDT 2000

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Tarja Rainio wrote:

> And I could contribute the covers for the Finnish translations (only three
> of them, so it won't even be a hard task =)).

I'll see if I can get the Dutch translations from the library - I
don't actually have any, they're awful, but the pictures are good
(probably run into copyright issues if I scan *those*, though).

> Still, it'll have to wait
> until I get my books arranged - I moved about a month ago and am dreading
> the task of arranging all 1500+ books of mine (they are in complete disarray
> at the moment, so the task *will* be monumental). I have been postponing it
> indefinitely...

Pah! We estimate the number of books in our house at about 8000 and
less than 10% are anywhere near the place where they belong. I'm
varnishing one set of bookshelves at a time (we do have enough
bookshelf now to leave a section empty) and putting in what belongs
there; so far I've only done the cookbooks, and they're not in order
yet, just on the right shelves. Theology is next, because our house
is being blessed next Sunday and I want the priest to have access to
the Bible translation of his choice :-)

   Irina

irina at valdyas.org (myself) - http://valdyas.conlang.org (Valdyas)
          http://www.valdyas.org/irina/index.html (home)