dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #154

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Wed May 3 17:49:25 EDT 2000

If someone is making another copy of the "Archer's Goon" tape - could you
make a copy for us Israelis too? The first one that was sent our way got
lost somehow, and I'd love love love to see it, as most likely would the
other 2 Israelis I know of on the list and at least one good friend of mine
who isn't...

A few weeks ago in a moment of weakness I caved and ordered a ton of books
that had been recommended on this list from Amazon. They finally arrived -
well, some of them, as "Changeover" and at least one other ended up being
out of print and unavailable. Accidentally ordered "Kiki's Delivery Service"
IN JAPANESE, clever me. Pah.

THE PERILOUS GARD - fascinating, especially when compared to FIRE AND
HEMLOCK. I was a bit surprised though at how much Christian theology went
into it...

THE HERO AND THE CROWN - good, but not as good as SPINDLE'S END, which I
know is not out yet but you all must read as soon as it is.

And Sally, thank you for identifying A HARP OF FISHBONES for me, I've reread
all the stories, and finally can connect the seperate images and moments I
remembered to an actual plot! How gratifying.

I have a secret. I'm finding very hard not to tell. I'll give you a hint,
though: a certain editor at a certain publishing house in a certain country
has put in an offer for the translation rights of a certain great book by a
certain wonderful author who has never had her books translated into a
certain language. Editor is on pins and needles as author's agent seems to
be on vacation at present. I'll keep you updated as things develop!

That's all for now,

Gili (not Gill)