Archer???

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed May 3 12:35:57 EDT 2000

The only name that I've never come across in any other context (assuming
that I can count "archer" and "shine" as words) is Dillian.  I don't know
about most of them, of course - it's entirely possible that Hathaway is
just there for the Shakespeare joke - but "venturus" is the future
adjectival form of "venire" in Latin, meaning "about to come," which I
have always found fully appropriate.  Oh - and I can still remember my
shock and alarm when I came across Torquil in Ivanhoe. :)

						---Kyra