Archer???

Courtney M Eckhardt cme at MIT.EDU
Wed May 3 11:51:44 EDT 2000

And here I'm wondering something else... Does anyone know of, or can
anyone think of, reasons that DWJ should have chosen the names that she
did for the seven of them in Archer's Goon?  I have pored over that
question for a long time, and have never come up with anything.  Knowing
DWJ, it will be something wildly subtle and appropriate rather than
cutesy.  Perhaps someone with a better knowledge of Greek or Latin roots
than I... or perhaps they even come from significant German roots, as
English is largely descended from German.... Bettina?  Anyone?

Also, Bettina, was Awful habitually called the German equivalent of
"awful", or did they call her by her given name?

Courtney