dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #147

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Mar 29 05:25:03 EST 2000

>> What the ** is a burger-ring?  I'm not sure whether it is a gang for the
>

>LOL, it's a crunchy snack in a packet. It's ring-shaped (would fit over
>your thumb) and a sort of reddish brown colour. Supposed to taste like
>barbecue ...

Oh dear, that sounds frighteningly like a doggie treat to me!  That's not
going to start a food fight - or international incident, is it?  I resisted
so hard saying anything about how unusual it was that you in Australia used
"chips" to mean both "chips" and "crisps"/"potato chips" and "french
fries".  (Yes, I realize I've just done it now!)

You can excuse me on the basis of essay-induced dementia, if you're feeling
charitable.

Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie