dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #147

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 22:58:30 EST 2000

In a message dated 3/24/00 12:14:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> t's a shop. It sells milk, bread, lemonade, fruit juice, packets of
>  biscuits, shampoo, icecreams (in a cone or prepackaged), fish and chips,
>  chips, packet chips, burger-rings, chocolate, sandwiches, lollies and
>  (growl) cigarettes.
What the ** is a burger-ring?  I'm not sure whether it is a gang for the
smuggling of raw/cooked chopped beef on a bun, or a burger (see previous)
which someone has eaten out the center of, with the intention of using it for
jewelry [well, it's getting kind of silly here in Bklyn NY US - midnight,
y'know...]
Devra
Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com