Oh no, how embarassing !!!

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Fri Mar 24 06:57:51 EST 2000

> I know you must all think I am a bit of a crook the way I have been going

No, I don't think that at all. Photocopying something that's in print is
definitely "crooked" but if it's out of print and unlikely to be available
again - what's crooked? Who are you defrauding? Not the author, who can't
get royalties on a book that is not available. Not the publishers, who
can't get any income from an unavailable book. As I see it, you're doing no
worse than if you were lending your copy to someone.

It might, possibly, be a technical breech of copyright, but copyright is
meant to protect author/publisher interests and there are none at stake
here.

Rest easy. In my opinion you are doing a favour for a friend and harming
no-one.

Sallyo.