Food Snobbery

Thu Mar 23 11:54:15 EST 2000

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 02:16:01 -0500, Courtney M Eckhardt wrote:

>Yeah, people down there are Just Weird. :P
>
>Seriously, not having traveled much in the South I'm a little surprised by
>that... as at least in this part of the county the phrase "a cup of tea"
>generally means hot, whereas "a glass of tea" would mean iced.

Just another example of Weird Southern Cuisine (and related to the french
fries/hot chips/crisps thing)...

I went to school in Texas, which is sort of a blend of Southern (i.e.
south-east) and Western traditions.  One of the foods the cafeteria served
was cheese fries--fried potatoes smothered in cheese sauce.  Chili and
jalapeno peppers were optional.  Apparently Southerners, even in Texas, will
eat anything.

Melissa Proffitt,
proud to be contributing to more of the global exchange of knowledge