dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #146

Tue Mar 21 19:38:14 EST 2000

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:55:14 +1000, PREISIG Kylie wrote:

>> my day.  Is
>> anyone blissful innocent unfamiliar with the "sloppy joe?"
>>

>I know I'm going to regret this but...
>
>yes - I'm unfamiliar!

We sure do get onto the strangest topics, huh?

Sloppy joes start with ground beef mixed with a tomato-based sauce that's
more or less tangy, depending on how you make it.  I like mine with just a
hint of chili powder (and believe it or not, I do make the filling from
scratch).  You glop that onto a hamburger bun, preferably toasted (because
the sauce may soak into the bun and then it gets soggy, which is gross).
And then you eat it.  Any other regional varieties out there, people?

Melissa Proffitt