Food Snobbery

alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 21 19:24:53 EST 2000

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, McMullin, Elise wrote:

>  I have never seen *such* an expression of
> horror, disdain, disbelief and disgust as I saw on my french classmate's
> face.  It was absolutely hysterical.  It outraged every last one of his
> principles, I think.  lol!

Oh, that's priceless.  I remember an episode in a
small French restaurant (not, I repeat, not a shockingly classy place or
anything, but they did an awful lot of weird things to their side-dishes),
where my brother asked for French fries.  The waiter looked all the way
down his long thin nose at us, and after a pregnant pause enunciated, "we
do not serve fries in this restaurant."

> Is anyone blissful innocent unfamiliar with the "sloppy joe?"

As a matter of fact, yes, I am.

Alexandra